The most commonly ask questions
1) What is a notarized Signature?
- A notarized signature is when one signer signs the document and then the notary signs the document.
- One person signs the document followed by the notary signature is considered one notarized signature.
- Two people sign one document followed by the notary signature is considered 2 notarized signatures.
2) What are acceptable forms of Identification?
- Driver Licenses that is not expired
- State Identification Card that is not expired
- Passport that is not expired
If none of the above are available then:
- Two (2) credible witness with the above listed ID. They must personally know you and not be named in the document being notarized. They must be present at the time of document signing.
3) Does my name on my ID need to match my name on the document?
- Yes, it does. The document cannot have more names that the ID shows.
4) Does the document signer need to be present for the notarization?
-Yes, they do need to appear in front of the notary at the time of notarization.
5) Can I translate for my friend when you do the notary?
- No. The signer must be able to communicate with the Notary without a translator.
6) What are you accepted payment methods?
- Debit / Credit Card - Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover
- Zelle – Hernandez 760-217-3369
- Venmo - @NotaryChristinaH / 760-217-3369
- No Personal Checks are accepted
7) Can you pick the document that you think I will need?
- No, Notaries are not able to pick the document for you. You will need to determine the best documents for your needs. If you need help selecting the correct documents or need help filling them out, please consult an Attorney, Lawyer, Paralegal or Legal Document Assistant for further help. Our notaries can not help you complete the documents.
Sacramento Law Library
Free documents provided by the Sacramento Law Library
Mobile Notary Public at a desk